Thursday, October 14, 2021

Best day ever? October 13, 2021

 I've had the pleasure of fishing with Alec for years now and we always have a great time and have had some really great days fishing.  However, we were trying to determine if today was the best day ever.  He wanted snook and mutton snappers so that we did.  First stop was a creek I like for snook and he hooked a nice 15lb tarpon on a lure that gave him three great jumps and a nice fight before coming off, ouch!  Then a bit later a big snook crushes the same lure and gives him a great fight only to spit the lure as well.  Ok, what's going on?  Changing it up I found a huge school of pilchards and absolutely filled the livewell to the brim and off we went trying to atone for our amateur hour at first light.  We fished three spots and all three were great but the last two were incredible.  I didn't have time to record video but it went like this: I throw a handful of live bait, the water explodes, Alec tosses a top water lure into the explosion, twitch, twitch, explosion, he's on, drag screams and another fish to the boat.  What did he catch?  More mutton snappers than I have ever caught in a day, yellow jacks galore, mangrove snappers, grouper and barracuda.  A few times Alec tried to rest but I would throw a lure or the rare live bait and I would hook up within seconds and hand him the rod.  Exhausted of catching fish?  It happens in the fall down here.  









Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment