Thursday, October 14, 2021

He's back! October 12, 2021

Daniel had such a great time on Sunday that he called me yesterday and booked me for today.  The goal was different today as he wanted some fly casting lessons in order to hone his skills some more and catch barracudas on fly.  Ok, this time we met in Key Biscayne and I quickly loaded up the live well with live bait.  With that out of the way I power poled down and took advantage of the light winds to help him with his casting.  A few pointers and some practice and quick learner Daniel was casting better with less effort and feeling better about it.  Ok, now it's time to fish.  I took him to a finger channel and live chummed but things were slow at first as we waited for the tide to start coming in.  Once it did things got good and although we had a bunch of barracudas chase his fly they refused to eat.  Ok, fine.  We switched to spin and live pilchards and Daniel caught a ton of barracudas, jacks, yellow jacks, mutton snapper, mangrove snapper, grouper and a few more I can't recall.  Even he turned around and told me "Wow, the fishing is on fire!".  Yes, it's fall and the fishing is on fire.  







Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment