Saturday, April 2, 2022

Crazy guys! April 1, 2022

KIt never fails, I always work on April Fool's Day and I always seem to do well.  When I had looked at the tide the night before I was all excited and then 5am came around.  I got up, grab my phone and there was a text "the three boat trip start is pushed back from 7am to 9:30am."  What?  All my April Fool's hopes and dreams dashed!  Oh well, back to sleep and then at the rampo by 9:30am.  The two guys I had on board were great, Scott and Will.  It was 6 guys that wanted to fish, drink beer and stay close together.  While the other boats ran south I ran to a tarpon spot and quickly hooked a nice 80lb tarpon that came off on the first jump.  Dang it!  Then as the activity slowed I moved over to the now grouper hole and the guys caught some small groupers and lane snappers before we got the call, "come over here so we can hang out".  Well the trip ended at a sand bar so the guys could enjoy the 80 degree water temps and called it a day.  Very cool trip and it seemed I was more into catching fish than the crew.  LOL


Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing



No comments:

Post a Comment