Sunday, March 26, 2023

Double today March 22, 2023

My morning trip was with Steve and his friend and they just wanted to catch whatever was the best bet.  Best bet has been fishing the finger channels so I took them to one and bounced jigs with shrimp.  Pretty easy stuff and you never know what you'll catch but they got yellow jacks, snappers and porgy before we headed in.  It was a fun trip with plenty of action. 


My afternoon trip was with repeat client Burt and his two friends Dave and Howard.  By the time we headed out the wind was pretty stiff and the bay was chopped up.  Thankfully Burt wanted to fish close in and not cross the bay so we did just that.  Burt asked me what we were going to fish for and I said "Bonefish".  The last time we fished he caught his first bonefish in about 20 years so he was game.  It wasn't easy at first with the wind and the water starting to get a bit dirty, I started to feel the pressure.  Well, I made a move and fished a bit different flat and it paid off with Burt getting a solid bonefish, his largest to date and Dave getting his first one as well.  As for Howard, well we missed a few bites but he caught a barracuda and he was all smiles.  What a great group! 





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment