Tuesday, March 7, 2023

He fooled many of them! March 2, 2023

Dale is a first time client and he likes to throw artificials at bonefish.  On the phone he told me he had some favorite jigs he likes to throw but he would go with what ever I suggested.  Well, Dale boarded the skiff and we headed out on a run to the first flat of the morning.  Once on the flat he pulled out a pack of jigs and asked if they would work.  I looked at them and said "YES!".  They looked like one of my favorite bonefish flies.  We tried working it a bit but the really high tide made the 3/16 ounce jig take too long to get to the bottom and we missed a few opportunities.  After landing a few on a heavier bonefish jig I tied on for him the tide dropped enough where his jig made sense to use.  Well, Dale is a pin point caster and we had a school coming right at us at his 1 o'clock and made a perfect cast and worked that jig ever so sweetly, only to watch a bonefish follow it and turn away.  He quickly reeled up, recast and dropped it in the middle of the school where another bonefish crushed it and Dale was on!  A nice fight later we completed our day of hooking 9 bonefish and landing 7.  Dang Dale, that was awesome!  I loved those Buggs Jigs and I'll be ordering some.  





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment