Sunday, March 26, 2023

Hail Mary. March 18, 2023

Mike booked a trip for his son Antonio who was in town for spring break and wanted to get his first bonefish on fly.  Antonio has only been fly fishing for a couple of months but after a few tips he was making some pretty solid casts.  The whole trip was pretty slow, I can't stand this moon phase, and we worked.  At the last spot I had high hopes that diminished by the minute.  Right when I was about to tell Antonio we had to head back I saw a flash.  I pointed it out, he made a cast and missed, then another cast and missed then another cast and he dropped the fly right in the school and he was on!  A long fight later and two runs getting deep into the backing, Antonio had his first bonefish on fly, a nice one too.  Congrats Antonio! 





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment