Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 7, 2016 Report (Video!)

Guillermo is a local and his daughter Bibiana was in town spending time with her family so what better way to spend quality time than fishing. Our start was looking for snook and while we found some they would not eat out top water lures. Moving off to a nearby wreck they caught snapper and runners. Using the runners as bait they were hoping to catch a shark. There was a surprise in store for them! Arriving at the first flat I staked out and here comes a big shark. I wasn't ready! I rigged a rod as quickly as I could, got a bait out and tossed it in front of the big shark. Seconds later the line starts to peel off the reel and I hand the rod to Bibiana. A grueling 50 minutes later I needed help from Guillermo boating the big shark for a photo op. This is one of the biggest sharks I have put in the boat since I usually leave any in the 6 foot range in the water. Having had enough and Bibiana and Guillermo doing a great job on the behemoth we fished another wreck that was on fire with snapper, bar jacks, lesser amberjack and more going through about 70 shrimp. What a way to end a great day!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment