Monday, November 1, 2021

Mixed bag of insanity October 31, 2021

Back from my honeymoon I hit the water with regular client David and father and in law Elliott.  David always wants to fish for sharks but I suggested we change things up this time and he was cool with it.  It was a packed house as every spot I went to for snook had at least two boats on it but not snook fishing.  Whatever.  I went to another spot that has been holding bait and IT WAS HOLDING BAIT, by the thousands!  I cast netted tons of pilchards filling the live well to the brim and off we went.  I had to fish a channel I like because all the other spots had boats on them.  Wow, Sunday fishing! Once in the channel I started to live chum and things got good quick with mutton snappers and yellow jacks destroying the baits and Elliott outfishing David, but....  While having a blast with fish on every cast two big lemon sharks move in and David got all excited so I tossed out a piece of frozen yellow jack I brought and within moments David was on to a 200lb lemon.  After an hour fight and coming to the boat several times the big beast broke us off.  Ouch!   





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment