Monday, February 3, 2020

February 2, 2020 Report

Well, well, it's Super Bowl Sunday and a cold front moved through making for great super bowl weather this evening but cold and windy this morning for my trip with Joe and his daughter Maddie. I've fished with Joe before aboard my client David's boat but today he booked me on his own and his daughter had never fished before. I made a short run in the chop and cold wind but 10 minutes later we were at spot one, not so much away from the wind but definitely where the fish were yesterday. After a few casts and no bites I started to be surprised and thought it was the dirty water. But, a few minutes of persistence lead to Maddie's first bite and then it was on! I started with about 7 dozen baits for our 4 hour trip. Well, Joe and Maddie were done 2 1/2 hours in and ready to head in just as I was down to 10 baits. It was hot fishing in spite of the cold weather and they caught: Mackerel Pompano Bluefish Jacks Lane Snapper Mangrove snapper and a small grouper Way to go guys!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment