Friday, January 29, 2021

I've experienced loss!!! January 24, 2021

 OUCH!  I had Tim and his friend on board today from TN and they wanted to go bonefishing.  Well, conditions couldn't get any better so off we went to the west side of the bay and fish the mangroves for cruising schools of bonefish.  School after school swam through and finally Tim hooks up and the reel starts to scream as the big bonefish screamed away from us.  A long run in the rod snaps back and the fish was off.  NO!!!!  Turns out the hook pulled and the shrimp was intact.  HUH?  A few more schools later Tim hooks up again and this time the hook pulled almost immediately.  WHAT?  I checked the hook aad everything was fine, except for my ego.  Eventually they wanted to catch dinner and off we went to do that.  Notice how I won't even mention how the fishing was as they kept a few fish, because I am still in shock over losing those two big bones this morning.  




Capt. Mo Estevez

www.MiamiBonefishing.com

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment